We are open-sourcing Android application that incorporate ideas presented in this blog. You can use the source code of IDoCare in order to perform a formal review before integrating our ideas into your own production code.
After more than two years of blogging about software construction, I feel that it is time for a non-technical post about the blog itself. In this post, I will share with you the story behind this blog and discuss the future of TechYourChance project
What is this post about:In this post we will discuss various implementations of Observer design pattern (aka "Listener") in single-threaded and multi-threaded environments, and review one very common mistake that programmers do in multi-threaded implementations.
What is this post about:This post describes how to establish a reliable connection to AIDL Service running in a different process in Android. The following questions are addressed in this post:
- How bound IPC Service connection's life-cycle is different from life-cycle of the Service itself?
- What is the exact life-cycle of a connection to bound IPC Service?
- How can we account for connection's life-cycle when writing clients of bound IPC Services?
What is this post about:This is the third (and last) post in series of three posts that discuss Model View Controller (MVC) and Model View Presenter (MVP) architectural patterns in context of Android development. The following questions are addressed in this part:
- What function MVC controllers fulfill?
- How to implement MVC controllers?
- I want to give it a try! How to start?